The Travel & Tourism 2nd year Tour Guiding students visited
Daan Viljoen for Experiential Learning. What a better way to learn then experience it.
At International Training College – Lingua we believe that Experiential Learning is quite beneficial to students because it makes them healthier and happier, and they do better academically. The various benefits include:
- Students who get to experience an outdoor learning environment tend to be more attentive and, therefore, have a better recollection of the information that was shared.
- Consistent exposure to nature decreases stress and anxiety, helps elevate mood, and helps with emotion.
- Outdoor environments naturally inspire children to be more physically active.
- In outdoor settings, students are more motivated to work together in groups, which can improve their social skills. They learn to manage conflicts, communicate, and cooperate with their peers in a more effective manner.
- Experiential Learning provides children with hands-on experiences in nature. Most students learn better by using their senses. Experiential Learning provide the perfect place to do this. Instead of viewing different types of plants or wildlife on a computer or TV screen, they can see, smell, hear and touch them in nature.