Open Days are one of the best ways to find out what it’s really like to study at the International Training College – Lingua and uncover all you need to know about the courses and opportunities available; these are the kind of things you only get a small taste of from the prospectus. Open Days bring this to life!
When visiting an Open Day, it helps to make sure you know what to look out for, and maybe more importantly, what questions to ask. To help, we’ve compiled a list of some of the most important questions you might want to consider asking.
Do you want to learn more about the International Training College – Lingua? We’d love to show you around. Book your slot with us between 27 September and 17 October 2021. Even if you can’t attend the planned Open Days, we’ve got loads of other visiting opportunities you can sign up for. Oh, and make sure you share your Open Day snaps on social media using #LinguaOpenDay!
Questions to ask about courses
Your chosen course is often generally the main reason why you choose to go to University, so naturally this should be your top priority on the day. At our Open Days, there are various departmental campus stations you visit where you can find out more information about the courses that appeal to you, study opportunities, careers services and much more! Here are some questions to keep in mind when thinking about your course:
- What grades do I need to be accepted – and can I still get a place if I don’t quite meet these?
- Is it worth applying for more than one course?
- How do you select candidates to send offers to?
- What do you look for in my application?
- Can you recommend any activities or reading to inform my personal statement?
- What does the course cover?
- Is there any course flexibility?
- How many hours of teaching will there be each week?
- What assessment methods will be used?
- What is the split between lectures, seminars and study?
- What is the size of the lecture and seminar groups?
- Are there any placements or study abroad opportuntities? Where are they, how are they organised, are they paid, how do they affect tuition fees?
- What are the pros and cons of taking a joint or combined course?
- What have previous students gone on to do after graduating?
- What careers guidance facilities are there?
- Do you run job fairs?
Questions about accommodation
Make sure you go along on one of our accommodation tours that run throughout Open Day at International Training College – Lingua! At the Campus there will be a departmental stalls where you can ask all the questions you may still have after the tour. What sort of questions? We’re glad you asked:
- What accommodation is available off-campus?
- Is accommodation guaranteed?
- What are the costs and what is included in that cost?
- Do most students stay on campus at weekends and during holidays?
- What happens after first year?
- How far will I need to travel to get into town and what are the transport options?
Questions about the student experience
Studying at International Training College – Lingua is an unforgettable experience, but don’t just take our word for it. Here are a bunch of questions you can ask our friendly staff and ambassadors:
- Are there any jobs available on campus?
- Are there any volunteering opportunities?
- What (academic) support is available?
- What sports, clubs and societies are available?
- What facilities are available on campus?
- To what extent will I need/be able to find part-time work?
Talk to our students
Top Open Day tip: Don’t be afraid to ask our student ambassadors questions on the day. They are a friendly bunch who will be more than happy and to give you an insight into what their experience is like as a student at International Training College – Lingua. Our student ambassadors are there to help you, keep that in mind if you are feeling shy about speaking to them! Need a hand to get started? Here you go:
- How have you found your course so far?
- What is the teaching, support, and facilities like?
- Have you been on a study abroad? If so, what was your experience?
- What is Lingua like in general?
- What is it like to study at a campus-based college?
And there you have it! Asking questions is a vital part in the decision making process when it comes to deciding to study at tertiary level. The more questions you ask, the more informed and confident you will be that you’ve made the right decision. Our Open Days are your chance to ask as many questions as you want to the people who are best equipped to answer them, all while taking in our wonderful campus environment. So, what are you waiting for?
We hope to see you soon at one of our Open Days! Remember, don’t hesitate to get in touch if you have any questions. We’re always here to help, and our team will do our best to steer you in the right direction.